Physical Therapy and Whole Body Vibration
WBV is increasingly being used for physical therapy:
- Sports franchises and top athletes use WBV for athletic training but also because the athletes heal faster from injuries, and are less likely to be injured in the first place as their joints are stronger.
- Top physical therapy centers use WBV in addition to other modalities.
- Vibrant Health has seen many dramatic and rapid improvements using WBV with clients with a wide range of joint and movement issues including arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, pulled and strained muscles, weakness, range of motion, flexibility, and other issues. See Vibrant Health’s website for testimonials.
Why Whole Body Vibration is effective physical therapy
- Research has shown that Human Growth Hormone (HGH) levels increase with WBV up to 150%. HGH levels typically fall with age and it is your major anti-aging, regeneration, repair and regrowth hormone. In fact, higher levels of HGH help your body to heal all sorts of health issues as well as joint issues. This is also the hormone that athletes will sometimes break laws to increase.
- Pain and inflammation levels often drop rapidly using WBV, sometimes from one session. Such rapid reductions in pain and inflammation are likely due to the “energy” or chi balancing effect of WBV as it is too fast to attribute to other causes. I have often had people try WBV for one minute and report that their pain is gone or decreased. Most cases, however, will require regular WBV to acheive lasting pain reduction.
- Vibration training is an effective way to strengthen muscles, tendons and ligaments without stressing them, as you do not need to move to work your muscles, only to hold a position.
- Flexibility and range of motion increases at the same time as strength. Muscle fibers are stimulated to tense and relax at the same rate as the vibration, 20-50 times/second. The relaxation phase of this automatic response rapidly but gently increases flexibility.
One Vibrant Health success story:
- I am a 57 year old tradesman. After a lifetime of hard physical work I had come to expect arthritic pain as a normal part of my workday. My ankles, knees, hips, and lower back jabbed at me constantly and my response had been to tough it out. It was a losing proposition and it appeared that hip replacement was inevitable.
When a friend offered to let me try her vibration machine, the skeptic in me thought “yeah, right.” That was weeks ago. This morning I scampered down the stairs like a teenager. The remarkable thing is that I felt relief after the first 5 minute session. Now, I simply stand on my Body Vibe for 5 minutes each morning and then head off to work with a happy song in my heart. The pain has gone. Imagine that. Wayne Young
This entry was posted in Whole Body Vibration
and tagged arthritis
, Human Growth Hormone
, physical therapy
, pulled muscles
, range of motion
, whole body vibration
. Bookmark the permalink