Exercise Builds your Brain
- In Jogging Your Brain, a New York Times magazine article published on April 22, 2012, the author, Gretchen Reynolds, states unequivecally, “For more than a decade, neuroscientists and physiologists have been gathering evidence of the beneficial relationship between exercise and brainpower. But the newest findings make it clear that this isn’t just a relationship; it is the relationship…. Exercise, the latest neuroscience suggests, does more to bolster thinking than thinking does.”
- “Exercise seems to slow or reverse the brain’s physical decay, much as it does with muscles.” (ibid.)
- And Whole Body Vibration is intensive exercise: 10 minutes of WBV = 1 hour of conventional weight lifting.
How exercise stimuates growth and protects the brain:
- Neurogenesis, the creation of new brain cells, was once thought to only happen before birth. It is now known that, at a slower pace, neurogenesis does continue throughout life.
- Exercise triggers neurogenesis by prompting the production of brain-derived neurotropic factor, B.D.N.F.
- B.D.N.F. strengthens cells and axons, strengthens the connections among neurons and sparks neurogenesis.
Could you use some Brain Simulation?
- Beginning in their late 20′s, most people will lose about 1 percent annually of the cells in the hippocampus, a key portion of the brain related to memory and certian types of learning.
- Are you reaching your potential? Who even knows what their potential is. I believe it is often much greater than we realize, but that life, poor health and environmental factors, and our own negative thinking often gets in our way.
- Exhibit A: Becca Chambers. I spent 40 years telling people that I couldn’t write, that I had terrible writer’s block, and I was too repressed to write. It was all true, at that time. Writing was a nightmare most of my life, to the extent that I dropped out of high-school because I had to write a term paper, and I majored in Biology at college partly because you didn’t have to write papers. But from when I started vibrating daily with a Body Vibe four and half years ago, plus taking many high-potency homeopathics which release negative repressive energy, my writing began changing dramatically. I have since then written a book, Beyond the Great Abyss, that has gotten me lots of publicity including an interview on National Public Radio. And now there are two more books on the way. Turns out I’m a writing demon!