Detoxing with Whole Body Vibration
What is detoxing and why do you need it?
- Our environment is loaded with thousands of toxins, including heavy metals, environmental toxins, prescription medications and antibiotics. It is estimated that there are over 30,000 chemicals in common usage today in the US.
- As much as we try to avoid them, if you eat, drink and breathe you will have built up levels of all sorts of toxins in your body as well. In an PBS TV special several years ago Bill Moyers, as a typical healthy person, had his blood tested at Mt Sinai School of Medicine. 84 different and highly toxic substances were found in his blood and body.
- Toxins have been linked to many chronic diseases.
- Detoxing is the process of your body ridding itself of toxic substances. Your body has natural methods and systems to do this, but with the build up of toxic levels that happens over time, and the consequent breakdown of health it often becomes critically important to support and aid your body in this process.
Why Whole Body Vibration is a powerful detox system:
- When vibrating all your muscle fibers will involuntarily tense and relax at the same rate the machine is vibrating, 20-80 times/second, which creates a powerful massage for your lymph system.
- The lymph system is one of the body’s primary natural detoxing systems, and it is designed to move the lymph fluids through muscle contractions. So the intensive workout provided by WBV naturally leads to an increase in detoxing.
- This detoxing effect is so powerful that it is the major limiting factor for most people using Whole Body Vibration. I advise starting with just one minute of WBV and working up slowly as your body strengthens and your health improves. Healthy people can tolerate more, but if your health is poor, be cautious as detoxing can be difficult for already stressed systems.
- Increased circulation of blood during vibration also delivers more nutrients and oxygen to all cells stimulating increased dumping of toxins into the lymph.
Tips for detoxing with WBV:
- Start with just a little vibration (1 min. at the slowest speed) and slowly work your way up, first increasing the time and eventually the frequency. Every time you use the vibration you will get stronger and able to handle more detoxing the next time.
- If you start to feel an increase in symptoms this may be due to detoxing. As with detoxing from a massage or sauna you may see such common detox symptoms as exhaustion, digestive problems, or headaches, but any problem can temporarily increase with detox overload. This is because a “weak link” in your system is a likely area for stress to show up.
- If you are in detox overload you should slow or stop the vibration and help your body to handle this extra stress. Drink extra water and get plenty of sleep. Additionally you can try any of the following:
- Take activated charcoal, 2-6 capsules 2-3 times/day, but be sure to take this product on an empty stomach (2 hrs after food and 1 hr before food) as it will absorb nutrients as well as toxins.
- Take PectaSol-C (modified citrus pectin), 1-3 times/day. This is a great product that will be absorbed into your bloodstream, go everywhere in your body, and absorb only toxins. Can be taken with or without food.
- Try Protoclear, an excellent liver support nutritional powder that combines many detox support nutrients, herbs and PectaSol. You can buy this product through my account with Emerson Ecologics (or any other product on their website) and you will receive a 15% discount. Register (create your account), then plug in my name: Becca Chambers, my code: BCHAMB, and my zip code: 02420
- Consult with naturopath Becca Chambers for your specific situation. Sometimes additional products and/or homeopathics are needed to resolve a situation.