Exercise Builds your Brain
- In Jogging Your Brain, a New York Times magazine article published on April 22, 2012, the author, Gretchen Reynolds, states unequivecally, “For more than a decade, neuroscientists and physiologists have been gathering evidence of the beneficial relationship between exercise and brainpower. But the newest findings make it clear that this isn’t just a relationship; it is the relationship…. Exercise, the latest neuroscience suggests, does more to bolster thinking than thinking does.”
- “Exercise seems to slow or reverse the brain’s physical decay, much as it does with muscles.” (ibid.)
- And Whole Body Vibration is intensive exercise: 10 minutes of WBV = 1 hour of conventional weight lifting.
How exercise stimuates growth and protects the brain:
- Neurogenesis, the creation of new brain cells, was once thought to only happen before birth. It is now known that, at a slower pace, neurogenesis does continue throughout life.
- Exercise triggers neurogenesis by prompting the production of brain-derived neurotropic factor, B.D.N.F.
- B.D.N.F. strengthens cells and axons, strengthens the connections among neurons and sparks neurogenesis.
Could you use some Brain Simulation?
- Beginning in their late 20′s, most people will lose about 1 percent annually of the cells in the hippocampus, a key portion of the brain related to memory and certian types of learning.
- Are you reaching your potential? Who even knows what their potential is. I believe it is often much greater than we realize, but that life, poor health and environmental factors, and our own negative thinking often gets in our way.
- Exhibit A: Becca Chambers. I spent 40 years telling people that I couldn’t write, that I had terrible writer’s block, and I was too repressed to write. It was all true, at that time. Writing was a nightmare most of my life, to the extent that I dropped out of high-school because I had to write a term paper, and I majored in Biology at college partly because you didn’t have to write papers. But from when I started vibrating daily with a Body Vibe four and half years ago, plus taking many high-potency homeopathics which release negative repressive energy, my writing began changing dramatically. I have since then written a book, Beyond the Great Abyss, that has gotten me lots of publicity including an interview on National Public Radio. And now there are two more books on the way. Turns out I’m a writing demon!
Whole Body Vibration (WBV) is a natural, safe, rapid, non-addictive and legal way to increase serotonin levels:
- What is serotonin? A critical neurotransmitter in your brain that makes you calm and happy and helps you to sleep. This is the same neurotransmitter that prescription antidepressant drugs effect, as well as illegal drugs such as Ecstasy.
- Research studies measuring increased serotonin levels have only been done in animals because brain tissue samples must be taken.
- Anecdotal evidence for humans is very strong. Hundreds of my clients report very rapid and dramatic improvements in mood, energy, and sleep within days of beginning regular vibration sessions.
- Thousands more report immediate mood improvement (as well as pain reduction which will be covered in a future blog post) after free demos at health shows where I exhibit Body Vibes.
How to get the best results:
- Start with only a very small amount of vibration and increase slowly. Vibration is has powerful effects on every aspect of your system as well as your brain. One of these effects is detoxification which is good for your health (a future post), but too much too soon can cause the common but uncomfortable state of detoxification overload. To avoid this start at 1 min. at the lowest speed setting and increase just 30-60 seconds/day. Later you can try increasing faster. I usually give people at shows only one minute of vibration (conservative but safe) and they still end up laughing, smiling and reporting an improved mood and sense of well-being.
- Use whole body vibration every day. Initially the antidepressant, well-being, and pain reduction effects will usually only last a day or two, though some people report long-lasting effects from just one or two sessions. After continued use, and as you work up to longer sessions, the effects will last longer.
- Use a Body Vibe machine. Dr. Keith DeOrio, a medical intuitive M.D. who uses only natural methods, and also my doctor and mentor for the last 20 years, has worked with Body Vibe International to develop a machine that is optimized for all aspects of your health including mind, body and spirit. Most whole body vibration machine manufacturers are exercise equipment companies (WBV was first developed for Olympic athletes). They have an athletic training mind-set and know very little about holistic natural health.
- Use whole body vibration with a personalized holistic approach including nutrition, nutritional supplements and homeopathy, designed for you by naturopath Becca Chambers. Especially for chronic and/or severe depression this will be necessary.
Whole body vibration has been proven in numerous research studies to increase bone density:
- Studies on mice, sheep and turkeys have shown dramatic results increasing bone density up to 30% from 6 months of daily vibration (with simultaneous corresponding decreases in fat).
- Studies with people have shown slower but steady rates of bone density increases.
- A likely reason for this difference in results is that the animals are usually young and healthy (able to respond and heal faster) and eating controlled diets with all the proper nutrients and minerals included. Human studies focus on older people where there is a high incidence of osteoporosis or osteopenia, and people often do not eat optimum diets.
How vibration works to increase bone density:
- It is the contraction of muscle fibers where they attach to bone that signals your body to build bone. When your muscles contract they quiver and it is that low impact, high frequency quivering (similar to Body Vibe vibration machines) that is the signal your bones are responding to.
- Vibration causes all your muscle fibers to contract 20-80 times per second, depending on the speed and type of machine, resulting in a massive signal to your bones.
- You might think such a powerful vibration would be uncomfortable but the vast majority of people report comfort and pleasure, often saying it feels like a massage.
How to get the best results:
- Use the proper Body Vibe machine for your situation. All Body Vibes are designed with a holistic perspective to best support all aspects of your system (mind, body and spirit): muscular/skeletal and physical body, nervous system, and energetic fields. Consult with naturopath Becca Chambers for the best model and program for you.
- To increase bone density, slowly (to avoid detoxing problems) work up to at least 10-30 minutes/day of vibration depending on which Body Vibe machine you are using.
- Use a holistic approach incorporating nutrition, nutritional supplements and homeopathy, as well as lots of whole body vibration.
- Vary your position on the Body Vibe to target your weak areas.
My client’s results:
- Using a holistic approach I have had dozens of people reverse bone density loss.
- My most dramatic case: A 70 year old woman with an initial T-score of -3.9 (lower score is more severe) and a situation described as “you could have a crushing fracture of your vertebrae from coughing hard or going over a bump in the road.” Four bone density tests over four years document the complete reversal of her bone loss, without the use of any prescription drugs. Her final T-score: +0.5 - “the bones of a healthy young woman.”
This workbook is now complete. It was designed to help readers of my book, Beyond the Great Abyss, to apply the ideas in the book to their own lives. In each chapter there is a highlighting of a main theme in the narritive and how that might apply to your life, an intuition development exercise, the homeopathic of the week, and a natural health tip.
Suggested usage is to start at the beginning with the Intro post and work your way through all the chapters in conjunction with reading Beyond the Great Abyss.